If you have problems with online classes, don’t worry. Each class has its own instructor, and you can always contact that instructor for questions and assistance with your online class. You also have the support of the Harrison Online Staff who are available to assist you when you call 866-775-5935.
Most importantly, there is online technical support, not only within ANGEL (our online classroom partner) but also inside the Harrison Online Solution Center (onlinesolutioncenter.harrison.edu). So you’re never alone when you have questions or need assistance. Help and assistance are often only an e-mail or phone call away.
Hewlett-Packard Student Discount
Students of Harrison College can receive special discounts on certain computer resources through the HP Academic Purchase Program. Discount percentages vary depending upon the product being considered.
Please note: Harrison College is not responsible for providing any guarantee for these products, nor will technical support be available from Harrison College. Registration is required to participate in the program.
Click here to visit the HP Store.
In order to attend Harrison College online courses and take advantage of all the available classroom tools, your computer’s hardware and software must meet certain standards. Don’t worry—these requirements are normally contained on PCs or are easy and affordable to obtain.
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Harrison Online Courses (PC)
Software Requirements for Harrison Online Courses (PC)
- Pentium III processor or higher
- CD-ROM / DVD drive
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Internet Access with Internet Explorer 6 or higher, or Firefox
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Harrison Online Courses (Mac)
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (available in all Harrison Bookstores)
- Set all spam filters to include the www.harrison.edu website and domain name as “safe.”
- Add your online course instructor's e-mail address as “safe” so that you can obtain information about your online education without interference.
Software Requirements for Harrison Online Courses (Mac)
- A Windows Operating System and all Microsoft based software "on top" of their Mac Operating Systems using a hyper-v client.
- Hyper-v client options:
- Fusion by VMware
- Boot Camp - Boot Camp is a software included with Mac OS X10.5 Leopard that lets you run compatible versions of Microsoft Windows on an Intel-based Mac. Please be aware, there may be some additional Mac software necessary for some classes that Harrison College does not sell and must be provided at your expense.
- Additional software may be necessary for some classes that Harrison College does not sell and you will need to provide it at your own expense.
- To use Chat, Whiteboard, the edit-on® Pro HTML editor, and the WebEQ™ Equation Editor, enable Java™
- To use ticket-based authentication, client browsers must allow cookies
- To use all features in Content Module, client browsers must allow cookies
- For all browsers, enable cascading style sheets (.css)
- For all users, set cached pages to update "automatically" (Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Netscape Navigator 6.2.x), or "when the page is out of date" (Netscape Navigator 7.0 and 7.1, and Mozilla 1.5 and 1.6)